Delivery, Pick Up and Returns
We offer two ways to get your menu - free cold pick up from our store or hot delivery to the DC/MD/VA area for a fee (based on the delivery location). Not sure which is the best option for you? Read on.
Free Cold Pickup
Pick up your menu from our store in Rockville, MD. Pickup is available Monday thru Saturday, 10 am - 1 pm.
- If your party is outside of our delivery area, then you can pick up your menu and transport it to your party yourself.
- You’ll have to send someone to pick up your menu.
- You’ll have to reheat your menu. This means that you’ll need access to a full sized oven at your event site. If you won’t have this, we highly recommend that you select hot delivery.
Best option if:
- If your event is outside of the DMV.
- If you have a full sized oven at your event site to reheat your menu.
Assign someone to reheat the food. That way nothing burns. Trust us, with so much going on with setting up your party, it’s easy to forget that the macaroni pie is in the oven!
Your menu is delivered to your event site hot and ready to be served. Our delivery window is 10 am - 1 pm.
- Your menu will be delivered hot and ready to be served. All you have to do is set up your chafing dishes before your driver arrives. Don’t have any chafing dishes, then rent or buy them (check out this article for ideas).
- None, really. This is the easiest, most convenient option.
Best option if:
- If your event facility does not have a full sized oven or if you simply don’t want to be bothered to have to reheat your menu.
Set up and turn on your chafing dishes before your driver arrives so she can place your menu directly into the chafing dishes. Just like that, your buffet is ready to be served. Done and done.
Refund Policy/Changes to Your Order
Increasing your order
You may increase an order only by contacting us in writing no later than noon eastern time 2 business days before the pick up/delivery date. If minor changes need to be made later, please contact us to see if we are able accommodate you. The balance will be due immediately. You have the option of charging the balance to the credit card on file or providing another credit card.
Decreasing your order
You may decrease an order only by contacting us in writing no later than noon eastern time 2 business days before the pick up/delivery date. A store credit will be issued for the difference, if any. Decreases to an order received after noon eastern time 2 business days of the pick up or delivery date will not receive a store credit or refund of any kind.
Canceling an order
The term “cancellation” shall mean that the order has been rescinded by either you or The Shadow Chef. If the contract terms are modified and agreed to by The Shadow Chef and you, then the order is not considered cancelled. You may cancel an order only by written notification to email@example.com. In the event that you cancel an order no later than noon eastern time 2 business days prior to the delivery or pick up date, a store credit will be issued. In the event that you cancel an order after noon eastern time 2 business days prior to the delivery or pick up time, all payments made will be forfeited.
The Shadow Chef reserves the right to cancel an order, at any time, for non payment as described in the Payment Schedule and Returned Check Policy in the Terms and Conditions for your breach of other terms of that Agreement. The Shadow Chef may cancel an order only by written notification to you (to the email address associated with your account). In the event that The Shadow Chef cancels an order a store credit in the amount of the payments received, excluding late fee(s), will be issued.
No refund or store credit will be issued after an order has been picked up or delivered.